Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Interesting commentary re. Hillary/Obama

from andrewsullivan.com:

My parents have been solid Clinton supporters for years, and they are extremely partisan. I have done everything in my power over the past six months to convince them to vote for Obama.
They finally started to move towards him over the past few weeks. Then my mother told me last night that the debate over the weekend in NH was so great - better than a debate has been in such a long time - that they simply didn't want the discussion to end. They felt it was too soon. The desire to see more discussion meshed with the media hype of "it will be over," leading them to believe that if they voted for Obama, the democratic primaries would be over. When this combined with the fact that they are old-ish and didn't stay up to watch Obama's Iowa acceptance speech (and weren't impressed with his debating), they swung back to Clinton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.